What works

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by flying_a, Jul 10, 2007.

1. flying_a

flying_a LawnSite Member

Got a question. I have read that 1000 flyers brings back 1-2% return. I am wondering if door hangers bring back a higher number of calls. Whats been your experience? Thanks in advance

2. flying_a

flying_a LawnSite Member

;) ...[sound of crickets in background]... I know "use the search function". I have.

3. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll let you know in a couple weeks;) Sorry...

4. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

A really good designed flyer will get a 1-2% return. That means they will call you. Depends on you advertisement, the area you are placing them in.

Put out 50,000 flyers, expect 300 calls. depends on the timing of your advertising. depends on the area of your flyers.

You need to know and understand your market, then advertise to maximize your return on your advertising...Hope this helps.

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have the funds. Have one of your local papers slide the flyer into there sunday paper.

6. flying_a

flying_a LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I hadnt thought about the sunday newspaper one. Sounds like something I need to check into.

7. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

When you start putting out multiples of 10,000, you will get one actual customer per 1,000 based on my experience. Back when I was just starting, I would put out 300-500 and obtain a much higher percentage of customers. As I have cranked up the volume I have found these percentage to decrease significantly. My percentages are based on actual customers obtained as I could care less about "response rates".

8. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

You should care about "response rates". They will tell you if your advertising is effective. Poor response rate...problem with ad. Poor conversion rate...problem with salesman. If you don't know what to fix, you can't get any better.