what woudl you do

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnInOrder, Jul 22, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

welll as you guys know i play football. I was gunna buy a 36"wb for the football season, making my clean-ups easier. My other thought was a have a friend help me. He has experience because his dad has a 50 account landscping company and is a head grounds keeper. I was thinking about using two 21" mowers instead of buying a wb. I would be paying like 8-10 tops an hour for his help during clean-ups. What would be worth it? the wb or 2 people with a 2 21"'s. Or any other suggestions. I only have Sunday's to cut and clean-up all my accounts. Thanks LawnInOrder

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

youd be better off with both the WB and the dude helping, He runs the blower and blows out the beds, and you take the WB and discharge it all towards the truck or to the middle of the prop onto a tarp

3. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of doign that but I already have two 21". That means i would have to buy a wb($1000) plus pay him $10 and hour. I am tryign to save money but if that is the best i woudl do that. ALso i guy i know is sellign a 36 walker for $750. It is not in new conditon by far but it runs, cuts and bags great becasue i demoped it. My probem is the lawns i mow i think are to small for it to be worth it. what you guys think. LawnInOrder

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

a mower like this is an investment for the future, you may not need it now, but as you keep getting more lawns, even small ones, that 36 will make your life SO much easier. now youve got a second 21" as a backup if the 36" fails and you have two guys mowing or if the other 21" fails, then youve got this backup. Im VERY glad now i bought my eXmark when i did because i ended up buying it just before i really needed it so it was perfect.