What would be a good price.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ch4x0r, Mar 31, 2013.

1. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

For 1500 more you can buy a v ride. I'd say 3500-4000 tops. No warranty either on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

To me it looks like more hours than that too. Why is there oil by hydro pumps?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ch4x0r

I was curious as to that also, and im just looking to spend around 3500.00 right now as i use my toro zturn on most yards, but i have picked up a few with some steep hills actually one yard isn't on a hill it's built in the hill lol any suggestions on something for these type's of yards?

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I'd look for a good ex mark turf tracer or viking with ecs
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Is that actually oil, or is it waterspots from dripping off after a wash right before the pics were taken? Almost every add I see on CL is the same way- just washed to look good for the sale. I guess washing and letting it dry until the next day to keep it from looking like it is leaking fluids never occurs to anyone. Then again, maybe they want to make it look as shiny as possible by being wet when they snap the pics.

It's certainly worth going to look at. It may be just what he says it is. Some guys just like to swap around on machines more often than they really need to. I am one of them.... sometimes. I don't like buying a machine that someone still owes money on though.

7. AmericanEagleLawncare

AmericanEagleLawncare LawnSite Member

If you go to the scag website look for the pro v. They have special promotional pricing for that mower for $4799, but that doesn't include taxes or possible freight/setup fee. If might me cheaper to get that model new from the dealer and have a warranty.

8. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

I should have wrote that differently. That dirt next to the right hydro looks like its from oil.

Yes they have great close out deals on them with WARRENTY forgot about them closing them out. Its just a poor time to sell, just like guys trying to sell almost new v rides for more than new because of the discount program going on now. But that's all besides the point
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ch4x0r

Are the turf tracer's pretty easy to handle on big slopes and hill?

10. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

$5500 is too much for a Pro V. He is trying to get top dollar out of a mower that has been discontinued after a very short run. He is pricing it based on what he owes and it's not gonna sell for that price. I say $4000 max simply because the factory is offering specials on them right now.

If you are looking for something for hills, get a regular walk behind with sulky. They can be found cheaper because there are so many of them around.

edit: just found another Pro V cheaper and has Scag sulky with it.
    http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/grq/3680476527.html

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013