what would happen...?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, Jun 11, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

What would happen if some of our customers found this site and saw what we said about them? Most probably wouldnt put 2 and 2 together and figure out that its them that we're talkin about, but dogone, what if they happend onto this site and figured some of this stuff out?
  2. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i don't think they would understand and isn't that why they hired you.because their too lazy to do it.i don't think they would be in to it as much as we are;however,maybe their looking in and laughing.
  3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i meant if they saw all the crap we posted about the BS they give us
  4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

lots of home owners come on here, more because they LIKE to mow their own lawn and look here for professional advise.
  5. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not a pro and love this place.
  6. BZACK

BZACK LawnSite Member

Dura, I'm no longer a 'pro' and find lots of useful information here. You can definitely teach this old dog new tricks, but I sense there is some BS here as well.

7. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

If your customer is here looking, then there is probably something wrong. LOL

But, I feel that they might educate themselves somewhat on why we deserve the rates we charge. It'd be a good thing.
  8. BZACK

BZACK LawnSite Member

I love to cook, but that doesn't make me a chef in a busy restaurant trying to prepare many dishes for many customers, on time, hot, etc.

Professional lawn maintanance means doing it 8 am 'till, day after day, when the grass is wet, when its 100 degrees in the shade, after 2 hours sleep and with a hangover (the smell of a gas/oil mix and the hiss of string trimmers ringing in your ears!), with Jersey greenheads and skeeters biting.....

Ahh...I love the smell of napalm in the morning....!
  9. ResidentialOwner

ResidentialOwner LawnSite Member

I read the posts of people in my area, but I mow my own lawn so I wouldn't need their services.
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

As I've been known to say, one Lco's pita is another's gold mine... And it's probably like that from the customer's end, too, which if you stop and think about it... If good customers are hard to find and few in between, it stands to reason from the customer's end that good Lco's are hard to find, and few in between also.

So I think it boils down to individual selves, personalities, and ultimately compatibility.

As for what would happen if they saw THIS?!
    I would hope any one of them is open minded enough to see that most of us do take our jobs seriously enough to put time and effort into sharing not just information but helpful tips, and that we are here to help solve the problem, not make it worse.

But we're all in the same boat, working for a living and squeezed by the economy and all that crap.
    And some days it gets the best of us...
    Where else can we go?
    Customers can talk about us anytime, anywhere...
    Have you ever tried to talk to Average Joe about our situation?
    Yeah, quick word of advice: don't, lol

Oh just a teensie little bit :p