What Would I need(equipment) for 25- 30 acres of soccer fields?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bamaone, Aug 16, 2006.

1. bamaone

bamaone LawnSite Member

Bermuda Grass
    Zone 7

Granular Pre-m applications

Liquid apps of MSMA/2-4D

I am licensed and Cert. but right now I only do smaller properties using walk behind spreaders. ( I will be damned to do that much area with one)

Anyway, looking for advice from guys with experience.
    Thanks.

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

A Z-Spray would be great. A small tractor with turf tires would work also and you could pull a reel mower with it. If you don't want to invest alot all at once, you can mount a electric spreader and a 25 gallon tank on a ZRT that you probably already have. You can be spreading and spraying for around a grand. A PG probably want cut it since you are going to have MSMA applications.

3. bamaone

bamaone LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. Where in MS? We are in Jackson.

4. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

how many feilds? Youll find it a pain without a tractor a 3 point spreader and a 200 gallon with boom on a trailer

5. hmartin

50 miles south of Memphis

You can save yourself a lot of money and spray the pre-m if you get the a boom sprayer.

6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would find an older 15 to 25 hp garden tractor. Fabricate a rear mount for a Spyker 220 spreader and a 25 to 35 gal tank. Set your sprayer to spray 5 to 6 gals per acre so you can cover 5 to 7 acres per tank. A 200 gal tank on a trailer will just be a pain.

7. hmartin

Contact herbicides like MSMA don't work with 5 gpa of water.