What would it take to convert???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jan 3, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

In all seriousness here, there has been alot of discussions on all types of oils recently. Some threads I started, some I did not. Some of you love Amsoil, a few hate it for whatever reasons, alot of you have not used it and some are afraid to use it. With all the pro's and con's, likes and dislikes taken to whatever degree, what will it take to for some of you to try the product and use it? This is how I became a dealer-----I used the stuff and loved it. Now I sell it and use it. The best way to convince anyone is for them to use it, just like mowers. I doubt none of you bought a new zero-turn of a different brand that you are used to without a demo run right???? Never could judge how gator blades worked on your mower until you mowed with them right???

Obviously I cannot provide you free oil to try in your trucks, mowers, etc. I am a poor man too!!!!

I am asking that you consider trying it. Start with a 2-cycle mix, or a couple mowers, 1 truck, whatever it may be. What are you out----a oil change!!!!
    A commercial account costs you nothing and there is no minimum order at all. You can order 1 qt. of oil at a time if you want. Try it, I really think you will be glad you did.

Please inquire w/ any questions you may have.
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, I think I will stick my current program. It works. There are certain oils that will never touch any engine that I own, be it a lawn mower engine, trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer, pickup, tractor, or car.

The fact that you have to constantly tell us its such a good product, is enough for me to shop elsewhere. It seems Amsoil makes some pretty tall claims. I guess I am not going to assume that sort of risk on any of my investments.

I know there are others who think its the greatest thing you can buy for protection... Thats fine.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Why is there always such lengthy discussions about oil? Talk about beating a dead horse!
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I currently use the 2 stroke oil but I am using Pennzoil for everything else. The reason I use Pennzoil is I can go to the store and buy it. I don't want to have to stock a whole bunch of different kinds of oil. If I used Amsoil in my vehicles I would buy it by the case and I don't want to have to do that and then just have it sitting around for 10k miles. Make it easier to buy and you'll sell more.