1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would rather have?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Apr 2, 2008.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2005 Mighty Mac self propelled leaf vaccuum with hose attachment and small branch shredder. I was thinking of selling it and getting a high powered backpack blower, I have an echo handheld blower, but it only blows at about 150mph. What would be more valuable to me in the long run? The vacuum works great with the hose attachment for flower beds, but it fails to pick up wet leaves very well in the lawn.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

You Would Love A Back Blower , I Have 2 Red Max I Believe 7000 And 7001 The 7001 Series Blow Great No Need 2 Rake In Front Of Them , Wet Grass And Rock Of Drives Cost About $450
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

your main question- which would you use and make more money with? since you already have a blower, and selling the leaf vacuum would leave you without a piece of equipment, how much money do you make off the vacuum versus how much time would you save having a higher power blower?

although you will use a blower every day, you already have one. If you don't use the leaf vacuum that much, then sell it. if you use the leaf vacuum a ton, and make good money off it, then I'd say keep it.
  4. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody else have any input
  5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

it's off topic but, why does JAG use capital letters on every word he types? LOL sorry, had to... :confused:
  6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

collecting up equpment is what this biz is all about. Keep the vac and get a blower too. You will be more productive in the long run having multiple pieces of equipment to choose from for certain jobs.
  7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, the more equipment you have the better. There could be some jobs where the larger blower would be nice to use and save you a lot of time. But there also could be times where the vac will benefit you more than the blower. Its all about having the right tool for the job, so having both a vac and blower would allow you to have the right tool.

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
  9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I do. Keep you blower and lawn vac and go buy a new back pack blower. There is no point in selling anything if you have a use for it.

I wanted to sell my 8hp little wonder push blower when I bought my 13hp little wonder. Decided not to because I may need it someday. I use both of them all the time. Sometimes I even piggy back them. I'll set up a blower to blow leaves to the next blower as I feed the first blower with my back pack. works great. NO TARPS HERE.

If your in business to make money you always need a backup piece of equipment.
  10. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Just in case you didnt know. First Touhey33 .. MPH Doesnt move piles of Leaves the CFM'S Do. A 150 mph blower probably only has about 400-450 CFM'S Good enough for grass,but an all out struggle for piles of leaves. Being its a handheld, I think you'd be happier with a Backpac blower.. but i'd get one with about 600 or more CFM'S, measrued at the end of the blower tube not the housing.