What Would the Charge Be?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Feb 13, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

hmmmm. #1 reason i couldnt work in Florida. I hate palm trees. they work for yalls areas. i cant stand it here when someone plants a bunch of palms around a yard with a magnolia in it. ok my rant over lol

2. I love them. It gives our landscapes a certain look you don't find anywhere else except desert like climates(Texas, az, cal). Plus, if you price them right they are a great source of additional income. I have one property with 9 coconuts and 3 queens that get done 2x year. It's great extra money. Some of the more labor intensive ones to trim(Phoenix palms, washy's, etc) you can charge way more for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i maintain a resturant and they have 7 queens on the property. that reminds me they need to be cleaned up for the spring. should make a nice load in the new dump trailer.

4. Only remove dead fronds, fruits and flowers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Day off?

Day off? LawnSite Member

Sorry to get off the topic but take a close look at your liability insurance. If you are insured for landscape install or maintenance, there is a good chance that your policy will not cover any tree work or if on a ladder.

6. Mine only covers ladder work. No buckets, stump grinders, etc. That is basically what separates a tree company vs a maintenance company.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Day off?

Day off? LawnSite Member

That's good. I just didn't want to see any of you find out the hard way. This forum seems to have the very few companies in FL that actually know what there doing. Rather see a company like yours do good. If you don't mind me asking... Who do you use? I have a million dollar policy and I'm not covered for ladder work.

8. Can't remember the carrier but they are AA rated. I have a 2M policy. The broker who I use is very professional. You may want to give them w call they are located in Boca.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Day off?

Day off? LawnSite Member

Sounds good. Thank you!

10. Sena and Whitney LLC is the broker.
    Posted via Mobile Device