What Would the Charge Be?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO it would be less labor to remove those trees than to trim them correctly with a complete debooting.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

What is everyone's obsession with debooting this poor guys down here? Does it serve some purpose other than cosmetic? I simply think if they come off freely then great but pulling and cutting off boots to make it "more appealing" to you does not make much sense, it is protection for the tree and if it did not want them it would let them go.

Am I missing something or is there a reason behind this or is this just one of those things like crepe myrtle's getting their little heads wacked off?

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Cosmetic and less places for pests to nest. It looks bad when you spend time cleaning up a customers yard and next day more boots are littering it up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

Keep Reading.

5. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

The right equipment makes easy work of these. I would not try using a ladder and silky. A bucket truck and a chipper allows you to do these for less and still make more money.

I am stunned to see the attitude of the op. No wonder we all get a bad rep. That is pure crap work
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

Average LCO isn't going to have a bucket and chipper. If you do have that equipment you won't be charging 25 a tree either.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Some of these guys are insane and will stretch their butts on trees like that.

I'm with you, bucket. We pass on work like that because we don't have the equipment to do it right. There's some work you just don't want.

Also, Patriot is right, those trees need to be de-booted.

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

No person that services trees here is without a lift and chipper. The ones that will do the work without those tools are unlicensed, uninsured and cash only. Leaving debris curbside is also not allowed, so whatever is cut down must be disposed of. Which is why palm tree service is not cheap here.

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Yes Yes, I know you do not do anything ever but pure true perfect works right....you and every lawn turd on LS here with there stories about how they never do anything but perfect work and adhere to perfect standards....even if that means your profit is less than perfect because you are a good lawn turd right? :hammerhead: There is most likely a thread somewhere on here talking about how each lawnturd on here makes perfect stripes too....why don't you go tell them about your top notch work there?

As for me.
    This owner wanted the trees trimmed. I had wasted my time to go to the property and give a bid during a off week. I took a swing on what price I thought the owner would go for and they took it. I took there money and walked away with them being happy. Did you think that owner was expecting Disney after waiting that long to have it trimmed? Do you think that is where his standards are?????? :confused:

10. Patriot Services

Mike~ so what your saying is you met the guy in the middle? Did as much as you could for what the customer wanted to spend?
    Posted via Mobile Device