What Would the Charge Be?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

You ain't lying :drinkup:

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Royal

I watched the U Tube and saw what I call Ballooning. Same idea only a Balloon or a bow and arrow are used to send a light sting up a structure to be climbed. The sting is light and goes high. Then the sting pulls heaver rope up until the desired size is in place. These is more of a Steeplejack method than tree trimmer method.

Yes Never climb a Washingtonian palm that has boots. While some boots are hard to get off, most are loose enough to kill you in a fall.

3. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

Ric, i am not sure what you saw but srt climbing is one of the main ways in modern tree climbing. It is done the same way in a tree as in a palm tree. Line is set with a throw ball and you go up the rope with body thrusting, footlocking or ascenders. A top notch climber can get to the top of a sixty foot palm in less time then setting up and operating the bucket truck. I operate a bucket crew and a climbing crew. When i have more time i will get some good videos.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure these guys do them @ 25 a pop....

I'm still @ $200 each based on the first thread. I know, I'm such a ripoff....

5. Nobody said 25 a pop for messy palms, do you like to be an annoyance?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RoyalTree

RoyalTree LawnSite Member

Hmm...why is he wearing spikes. They make it more complicated then it has to be. I hope people understand how dangerous these palms can be. I am tirred of paying a fortune for workers comp for tree service because this field is full of hacks. Construction hard hats are not made for climbing...
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Out of my league:dancing:

8. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed. I also noticed the wrong head gear and the fact he wasn't wearing gloves...

But the point is that we've had a couple of threads here recently were all sorts of 'professionals' kept throwing around quotes on work they have no idea how to do correctly/safely.

And, most importantly, without proper insurance. Thus your high WC rates....

9. 01thump

01thump LawnSite Member
    from orlando

If i can not get it with a ladder or a lift someone else can have it....i would end up falling with all that gear on and hanging myself...

10. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

T - Shall we leave you Pro-FESH-ionals alone to discuss how to properly do things?