what would u charge for this property

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kosty, Mar 11, 2006.

1. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

what would u guys mow this property thier is a deck in the back and approx 4trees along the back

Attached Files:

2. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

how large is the lot? 1 Acre?

3. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

not sure. probably 3/4 of acre

4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

It's hard to tell by that view. Is there alot of trimming and edging? It doesn't really look that big. You have to charge what will cover your expenses and your salary. Bottom line is, what's it worth to you? What will you be comfortable charging for it?

5. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

i told her 40 she said shes getting it done for 18

6. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

18!!! She can keep it. I think you did well with the $40. You can't can't keep your head above water for $18 kosty. Let whoever is more desperate for $18 have it. Unless you have 10 more properties to do in that culdesac, don't drop the gate on that trailer.

7. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

yea i thought maybe 25 after ive thought about it. But i dont know i got 20 for a little bigger than the front of that and its all just straight back and forth.

8. CC Lawncare

CC Lawncare LawnSite Member

Kosty,
    I saw in a different thread where you said that you are new to the biz and do not want to be a lowballer but people keep telling you that your prices are too high. You need to know what you expenses are and from that, you can arrive at what you need to charge per hour of your time to make the $$ that you feel you need per year to make a living for yourself. Decide what that $$ per hour rate is and STICK TO IT. If that is "too expensive" a customer, make certain that they are aware of what quality of services you are providing them. SELL IT!! If they end up choosing some other service, professionally thank them for the consideration and move on.
    Regarding the pic that you have, asking for help in pricing, NOBODY could(or should) try to give you a "price to charge" with that lack of info. If they do, they are jsut giving aid to shot in the dark pricing that may or may not be truly profitable. Hope this helps.

9. ArkansasLawns

ArkansasLawns LawnSite Member

Even at 40 it might be low. What are you using to cut with. Rider or walk behind? Bagging? Mulching?

You can cut two yards at $18 and still not make the $40 you ask for from this person.

10. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

oh about edging ppl dont care for it around here in the 3 estimates ive done only one sad oh that would look nice wouldnt it. trimming thier is bc i would have to trim all around the house and trees and bushes.