what would u do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gren25, Mar 19, 2004.

1. gren25

gren25 LawnSite Member
    from nc

my local john deere dealer just said he would give me $3100 for my 52" cut zero turn snapper with 282 hours @ 23hp kohler for a jd 737 with a 54" deck and 23hp kaw. total out the door for me is $4000 even@ he said he would throw in xtra set of blades.any comments PS,Ijust tried it out at my house and all I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!

2. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know anything about the snapper line of mowers.
    But I highly recommend the 737. I just made it to 20 hours with the same deck as the one you are looking at. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

3. gren25

gren25 LawnSite Member
    from nc

thanks for the reply did u mean 200 hrs

4. Peakpm

Peakpm LawnSite Member

how old is the snapper? and what did you pay for it. we normally put that many hours on a machine in one year so i would think you could get more for it than that.

5. gren25

gren25 LawnSite Member
    from nc

2 years old @paid 5800, I'm not bigtime yet but who knows what the future holds.

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, definately go with Deere; I love my 757. But I don't know the answer to your question.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well the way i see it you lose 500.0 ones you take a mower out of the show room. 500.00 a year so you are looking at 4300.0 is what your mowers worth. So i would tell them to give you anther grand for your mower or take a grand off the new one. Or they can keep the blades and throw in a collection system.

8. AssistSuper

AssistSuper Banned

I'd most definately go with the Deere.