what would ur guys estimate be for this job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zachary52902, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

What would u guys price this job at? Just curious what you guys would charge if the job is in your area.
    Cutting down and removal of 7 trees. All tree's are 3.5 stories high. the diameter is 2 feet for all tree's. The branches start about 15 feet up and there isnt an abundant amout but a good amount of branches. The price would including cutting down, removal dumping and stump grinding. just curious let me know. Thanks

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'd call a tree service. For what it would cost me to do this, they could get a service that is equipped to handle this kind of thing much cheaper. A service could probably come in and do it LESS than it would COST you, so what is the sense. Also, how much does your rider on your insurance policy cost to cover tree work?

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

big trees are dangerous. if you arent very experienced, don't chance it. i don't know about you, but i aint ready to die just yet

4. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

I have done tree jobs before. I never personally climb them and cut them down. I have an experienced tree guy that works for me and i pay him 250 a day to do just this when I need him. He is covered by insurance so I would only be responsible for the removal part. And he would handle the cutting down of the tree.

5. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Zachary - haven't you learned by now not to ask for peoples pricing opinions? You won't get any prices, but you will get a lot of lectures.

6. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with bobby and runner..... sub it out.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna guess 5 grand...could be as high as 10 w/o seeing them though. You made no mention of proximity to buildings/structures, overhead wire, etc., etc.

Can you use a boom truck or does all the limbs have to be taken down by climbers? Too many variables sight unseen to say how much...

8. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

We have 20 years of trees under our belt and would need a lot more info to price something out. How close to house, any power lines that need to come down, any fences, any shrubs,near leech field? What kind of trees? Is the wood worth anything. How accessible would the cut lengths be to haul to wood yard? Would the cut lengths need to be Bobcated out to be hauled?Chipping the brush or hauling? If it is close to house or leech field is a crane needed??

Need alot more to give any idea....

Stump grinding is the easy part. I'd say $75.00 to $125.00 depending on travel time and access to stumps.

:drinkup:

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$500.00/tree to cut and chip.
    2.50/inch of diameter for stump grinding=$420.00.
    $3920.00
    I agree with above comments......If this is not something you are equiped to do or don't have the experience,don't do it.

Qteam,If you have 20 years experience and your willing to do 7, 24 inch stumps for $75-$125,I've got LOTS of work for you!

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

about $4000 is my guess.