What would yall get for this job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by NNJLandman, Jul 18, 2006.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

The guy just had the house worked on. he calls on us to take down two small trees....bout 1.5 hours, removal of some brush....about 3 hours, regrade yard and install 8-10 yards of topsoil and then seed the yard. Rented a machine for the day $225. Just curious to see if im on the ball or if I should call and raise my price due to a few unforseen problems which the homeowner failed to inform me on. Home much should I profit on the job?Thanks

Jeff

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Are those man hours or how may workers?:confused:

3. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

what size yard?

4. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

you said "he calls on us". how many people is "us"? how big are these trees? what did you do to dispose of them? how much brush and how are you disposing of that? is it 8? or is it 10 yards? how big is the yard? how much seed? whats the terrain? what did you rent? what attachments are with that rental? "unforseen problems"?(welcome to the business).... why did the homeowner fail to "inform" you? did you not see the job tasks that were ahead of you and ask questions when you were estimating?

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply's guys, already talked with a buddy of mine, and I was right on target about $1200-1500 for the job. Sorry I didnt give you to enough information but apparently im about right on my mark so all is well. Thanks again.

Jeff