1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what would yall guys do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowwithhustler's, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Mowwithhustler's

Mowwithhustler's LawnSite Member
    from 28465

well this morning i got a call from a plant that is near my house well, any ways they wont me to sign a 2 year contract with them mow once every 2 weeks keep the place looking good its about 43 acres that it all sets on but only 6 acres af mowing i told them 3000 a month is that 2 muck bacase they said taht they wanted me to do it i mena i keep the place looking good

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Assuming you can mow 1 acre/per hour, this would come out to $250/hour. Sounds like a no-brainer. E-mail me if you don't want the job.

PS Do you have spel chek???!!!!
  3. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

For $3000 a month Ill move from CA to do the job, and Ill mow it every week! :eek:
  4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

At least there probably won't be any women sunbathing at the plant.

Wouldn't want to see you mess up another mower deck.:nono:
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If they want it looking good, why on every 2 weeks?

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Give the account to your buddy LAWNS AND MOWER
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

With as vague as all your info was in your post, I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I smell trouble. First, THEY want you to sign a 2 year contract, that's not bad in itself, but when combined with some some of the other, could be. If this place sits on 43 acres, and only 6 of it is mowed, what is the OTHER 37 acres. (Please don't give me a generic answer of "parking lot"). What you're telling us, is that you are cutting 12 acres of grass a month for 250 bucks an acre. This just doesn't happen. You then say "This mena you keepa the placa looking good." Well, what all does that entail? Yo8u beter know exactly what these peoples' expectations are beFORE you get into this! They'll be knitpicking you for a couple of stones in their drive approach if you don't. If these people are so eager and willing to pay this ridiculous amount of money, then why do they only want it every 2 weeks? Makes no sense. You say you told them 3000 a month. Was this in writing? If it was, are you sure the copy they got didn't say 300 a month? That's a little closer to what these "industrial" type thing like paying. Like I say, There's got to be a misunderstanding somewhere.
  9. Is this the topless sunbathers father/brother/boyfiend that you had this conversation with?

BTW what is happening with your mower, I mena you wrecked mower?

Did you go back and repair the damaged tree?

He did say it only has 6 acres of mowing, so just maybe he has to trim a lot by hand.
  10. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

42 acres and only 6 acres of grass, whats the rest, parking lot? Yes, it sounds like a great deal at 1500.00 per visit. "they said taht they wanted me to do it i mena i keep the place looking good " Whats this mean? Did they agree to your price or have they just expressed interest in you providing service? Let us know.