1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

what would you bid for this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Mar 12, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

a cemetery. about 3 acres. around 300 head stones. around 1 acre flat on the bottom then you have a big hill about 1 1/2 acres worth (90% mowers attainable) then 1/2 acre flat on top. done biweekly. what would you charge?:waving:

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

lol knock yourself out , i dont do dead people. i have too much trouble getting the living to pay me.

3. lawnwizards

why did you even bother to respond? youre not helping one bit... trying to pad your post count?:dizzy:

4. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

because post count is a symbol of lawn site status. obviously!

around here a lot of that stuff goes for 25/ish per man hour. usually taht can be translated into acres but with 300 headstones, i'm not sure.

what was the last guy charging? its bi weekly too which is tough, since its going to be a mess to make look good. i probably would pass on this unless the $ was super good.

5. lawnwizards

well, i'm already doing it. just wanted to see how my pricing structure is going on my 4th year. lets see some numbers, please....:waving:

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Very difficult to put a price on it without seeing it in person mind you but I would go for ~750/month

7. lawnwizards

i'll give a little hint... the last guy was doing it for around 400 a cut. i'm above that a little bit....

8. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

for one you dont cut a cemetary every 2 weeks. you really want an ass chewin dont ya? price that at 275 a cut minimum. the mowing is not gonna be bad but the trimming an blowin will make you wish ya never got envolved. i do several cemetaries an yes they are a ***** but are very lucrative if priced accordingly.see ya an dont forget you have alot of people that are under ya, George

9. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I would not mow another cemetary (I do our church cemetary - 1 acre - 300 stones) for less than $150 per acre if it has stones on it. I would bid open unused areas as a normal account, but where there are stones, there is a bunch of trimming and headaches involved.

10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking at some bids right now. The guy that does it now must only mow every 3rd week and then he must scalp it so bad, that the grass does not grow very well, in 3 of the 5 grave yard's.

I will be around $2000.00 over his bid of last year.:drinkup: