What would you bid this at? got pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by r_d337, Mar 27, 2008.

1. r_d337

r_d337 LawnSite Member

Hey I am bidding a fenced in private condo area. I already have a figure that I think I will submit, just curious what you guys think it is worth. Here is some info on the property. I am only bidding for mowing, trimming, and blowing. For some reason they don't want edging.

- 10 duplex style condos (so 20 residences in all, but 10 buildings)
    - Total square footage of property is 109,350 sq. ft. (that is including the condos and drive etc.
    - There is no fenced in yards, each yard is wide open to the next one
    - Some areas they are alot of trees and shrubs, but i think for the most part I will be able to get my ZTR in.
    - Probably 1/2 of the mowing area has lots of trees and shrubs, the other 1/2 is fairly open.

I will post some pictures hopefully it will help yall out. Ask any questions if you need to

Property Pictures 041 new.jpg

Property Pictures 034 new.jpg

Property Pictures 029 new.jpg

Property Pictures 033 new.jpg

Property Pictures 036 new.jpg

2. retiredat49

retiredat49 LawnSite Member

Looks like about a 2 hour job with a ZTR...$100.00 to $120.00 per visit

3. esparzalandscaping

esparzalandscaping LawnSite Member

I'd say something between $150-$200... looks like a lot of work with the string trimmer...

edit: for two hours, i'd be charging $200 at least

4. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I'd look at it as 10 houses at about $40 per; then discount it by 40% because it's only one stop and there's no edging. Call it $240.

5. esparzalandscaping

i think $40 for that size lawn is extremely steep... $25-$30 at most... they're all together too.. it would take my crew 1 hour to knock it down with 2 Wright Standers and 1 on trimmer... I'd would do it for $150 - $200

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

2 hours Around $100,once you mow it several times with no edging i can be out of it in 1 hour......

7. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

This is s great time for this question...rd377 and everyone else:

Would you mow those yards just one line all the way down, turn around at the end, mow all the way back? Treating it just like one long yard, or would you mow each yard seperate?

8. h400exinfl

h400exinfl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Those look like 20 dollar cuts, but all together it would be cheaper. I'd bid $300 a pop. In the end though, I'd bet you'll be edging.

9. esparzalandscaping

i would go around the entire perimeter twice and then make my stripes... i'd alternate my angle every week.

10. r_d337

r_d337 LawnSite Member

Around here there is very little competition and the economy is hot. I price most of my residentials that are approx 6-9000 sq. ft. at $40 / cut.
    Each of these condos are approx. the size of an average residential lot, so I was thinking of pricing them at $30 / cut, being they were all together.

As far as the question "what would be the best way to mow a property like this" Long passes through each yard or one yard at a time. I would say if the landscape allows, it would be best to do long passes through the yard. It would double my time if I had to make sure I was doing one yard at a time.