What would you bid this at?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imalandscper, Jan 22, 2003.

1. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

I have a chance to bid on 20 acres of rough cut and have no idea what a tractor is running for for an hour. If you guys could give me some input on pricing and equipment that you have used and have seen good results with that would be great. All i am thinking of using is a tractor with a brush hog on back and running about 65 per hour but i am not sure on the acre/hour production rate of the machines.....Any info would help.

2. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

This is a first!
  3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

$65 per hour is about right in my area. As far as how long it will take, it depends an awful lot on what you're cutting, how uneven the ground is and slopes. For productivity, you could be looking at anywhere from 1 to 3+ acres/hour depending on variables and equipment.
  4. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

No mud and not much brush over 1", sight unseen- 800.00 to 1200.00
  5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

with a 3hr ($250) minimum.
  6. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Here there are several guys who would do it for $ 40 to $ 50 per acre !
  7. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Depends on what equipment you are using on the hourly rate. If you have a JD 4755 and a 20' batwing, the hourly rate would be around $125 to $175 depending on the terrain. This machine could turn you 8 to 16 acres per hour depending on speed. If you have a Ford 8-n with a 4' cutter, maybe 40 per hour. Count on maybe 1 to 3 acres per hour on that one. Size matters in this aspect. The bigger the equip, the more the rate should be.

Kutnkru is right on the minimum. One way the other, you will have to get the equipment to the site. Start moving heavy machines up and down the road and it get expensive.