What would you bid this cemetary

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by holyshnikies, Feb 17, 2006.

1. holyshnikies

holyshnikies LawnSite Member
    from MO

35 acre cemetary, one cemetary is all old headstones and the other is all new flat headstones. Both are about the same size, there is also one funeral home about half an hour away and it's 2 1/2 acre. what would you guys bid on it?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd have to get an idea first how much trimming is involved (ie, how many headstones).

3. holyshnikies

from MO

Theres about 3,500 headstones on the older side and prob 2,500 on the newer side

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...can you say "Roundup"?

5. holyshnikies

from MO

????????????

6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

2750 per cut have fun

7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

We currently have two under contracts. both of them similar but priced way different. Would have to see.

8. Groundkeeperz

Groundkeeperz LawnSite Member
    from VA

just guessin I would say Id be right around $2000 to $2500 per cut
    I would guess that you would be at less than an acre per man hour no matter what kind of equipment you have.
    So lets say that it takes you 40 man hours to do it all.
    4 men one full day.
    40 x 50.00 = $2000.00
    basically what they call a wild ### guess

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Heck, I normally charge $60/acre on a regular residential with a normal amount of trimming. There's no way I would only charge $53 to $73 / acre on two cemetaries. That's 37.5 acres total with 6000 headstones, a lot of walkways, and an extrordinarily long drive to trim. With something like that I wouldn't even consider it for less than $115/acre. If I don't get the bid I'm not too heartbroken. At least I won't be loosing valuable time which ='s $$$. If I do get it...then great.

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I mow a 1 acre cemetary with 300 stones, and it takes me at least 4 to 5times as long to do that acre as it does to do regular mowing acres. I agree. $115 minimum per acre, and even then when it is 98 degrees out side, and you have been battling the string trimmer for a few hrs. you are going to wonder if that was enough.