1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you buy from LESCO

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmanak, Dec 2, 2007.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

I have roughly a 3500.00 credit to lesco i need to use in the next month. Somehow the bill was overpaid and after a couple returns and a rebate, i have this credit on my account, was kind of shocked to find out. I am a solo opp, i am just getting into fert this year, have a 36WB and a 52in ZTR. Plenty of handhelds already. What would you buy.
  2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would ask if them if they would send a refund check, and put it in my bank account until I really needed it.
  3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. They will most likely say no and try and get you to buy something. Tell them you want the refund and show you in writting if they say no. You SHOULD get it.
  4. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you can't get your money back, their spreaders are top of the line in my opinion, I would get 1 or 2 of them, and then if you have the storage I would get the fertilizer you will need for your spring apps. If theres any money left you could always get some seed, but make sure to store it in a bin or someplace mice can't get to it.
  5. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

I tried the refund thing already, i could get a partial refund if needed, figured it be an easy way to get another piece of equipment though. i have a spreader already, what does pallet of pre-m go for i wonder. I have a tow behind aerator, but have thought about getting a walk behind model as well for small and gated yards. also thought about getting a sprayer unit, but dont think id really use one.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Get a 48 gear drive walkbehind. Lesco has the best gear drives on the market. IMO
  7. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The manager at my local Lesco informed me that fertilizer was going up 25 to 40 percent soon. It wouldn't hurt to stock up on that.
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I know you... Don't forget to check that 48" great dane off the "for sale" list there! Good lord, I haven't been that COLD in years as I was today from being out in that parking lot for 10 minutes... Took 30 just to get my hands to stop throbbing! I still haven't unloaded it... It was dark and cold when I got home, didn't feel like having it on top of me tonight! Thanks for loading it too... I wasn't too keen on crashing it just yet, lol.

As for Lesco, if you plan on spending the money there on Fert anyway, I'd pre-order now and get the discounts. If you would rather shop around and buy later, or buy something else, then DEMAND a check! It's your money, they can't legally hold it and force you to use it at their stores!

They overbilled me once before a couple years ago, I was not paying attention and just paid it. Found out later that the total on my bill was actually from someone elses account! I got the full amount back via. check in the mail.
  9. amanda8950

amanda8950 LawnSite Member

I bought both a Lesco stainless steel spreader and split drum aerator this year and both pieces far surpassed my expectations in quality and ease of use. The spreader paid for itself quickly and the aerator almost paid for itself by the end of the year but not quite !
  10. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I 2nd this.
    You MAY have a big enough 'credit balance' there to qualify for their 'Early Order' cash discount, I don't know for sure.

Regardless, If you've got some space, it'd be wise to have your 1st and maybe even your 2nd & 3rd round of fert on a skid and under a roof behind your doors.