1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge for sod

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SunState Lawn Care inc, Jul 20, 2009.

1. SunState Lawn Care inc

SunState Lawn Care inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Jax, FL

If you install less then a pallet in a yard that was killed by chinch bugs or whatever what is your minimum charge for say half a pallet or anything less then a pallet? Do you charge so much per sq ft or just a minimum charge no matter how small it is? We charge $300.00 for a pallet prepped and layed but don't want to over charge for less then a pallet.

Thanks

2. NatesLawnCareLLC

NatesLawnCareLLC LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Would you be able to figure out how many sq ft are from a pallet and then figure out how many sq ft used and then calculate a price from that?

3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

The effort to put down a single pallet is the same as for a half-pallet. The only difference is about $60. I'd price it that way. You know your cost/pallet and just cut the customer some slack on the cost of the sod. In your case $250. Time, effort, expertise and quality accounts for the most part in laying sod. You could make up the little difference with a optional follow up fertilization providing the client has irrigation. You mentioned clinch bugs, I assume you're putting down St. Augustine. Check out the different strains. I think there is some new variety that is a little Clinch Bug resistant.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

1 pallet or less = $600 prepped

5. SunState Lawn Care inc

SunState Lawn Care inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Jax, FL

Wont happen down here enjoy it up there while you can.

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, ive heard fl has always been a different market.