what would you charge for this wall

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobcatnj, Sep 23, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

i have a customer who just installed a pool in his backyard. the back yard is on somewhat of a slope so the pool is all the way at the end of the yard maybe 100 yards off the house. they want a retaining wall installed because of the slope. its is pretty much dug out because of the pool. the wall is going to be 75 x 3 with 2 steps in the middle of the wall going to the pool.so i figure what i have to do i just level off what is dug out with a bobcat, lay 6 inch of 3/4, put up the wall and step, back fill with geo grid and 3/4.the cost of the material is around 4500.00 and is in a upscale neighborhood. i was wondering what you guys would charge to do this with yourself and 2 guys????

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

no geo grid needed for that wall....its only 3 ft tall..about $7000.00

Chuck

3. bobcatnj

7000 total or 7000+4500(material)=11500

4. landscapingpoolguy

your material cost sounds very hi for that abount of sq ft age. Your almost at $20 a sqft just for materials......are you buying retail? if you are I suggest you search for other places......most wall and step work is priced between 25-30 a sq ft. I would prolly be around 7grand for the whoel job.

Chuck

5. bobcatnj

that 4500 is what i was going to charge the customer, thats not what im paying for the material. there using the keystone country manner 6 in which is one of the most expensive block out there

6. landscapingpoolguy

ok so the CM goes for about $12sq ft plus the pins and the 3/4 . Ok so at 7g's and working solo you have about a 50% net proft....use some stone dust on top of yur base when leveling the first course it will be much easier....My crew could have built that wall in 2 days maybe less. So I would have had about a 30% net profit. This all depends on the site conditions, accessiblity, and availabilty of the block of course.

Chuck