What would you charge for this?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by All Pro Lawn Care, Feb 25, 2007.

1. All Pro Lawn Care

All Pro Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Houston

To take out 4 small bushes and then put in 2 lemon, 1 orange, and 1 grapefruit? He has already bought the trees and they are in 5 gal buckets. I would buy the supplies to build it up and dig the holes. The trees were about 25 bucks each.

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Build it up?? Are you creating a mound? -or- Are you just referring to compost?

Depending how local it is for you and ease of disposal of the 4.........$150 if all the "ease" is there.

I would only do this in 2 cases........a friend/customer or someone that just really needs some help.....elderly or ill etc. Otherwise, cover your overhead.

3. All Pro Lawn Care

from Houston

creating a mound for all 4 trees. are u saying 150 just to pull the old bushes. this is one of my customers that will spend 3000 plus with me this year

4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

$100 but thats just me, I try to give a good price to my customers as well

5. All Pro Lawn Care

from Houston

i can do it for 100 plus supplies. but when i look at the 1.1 million dollar home it is like what would this guy pay for this. it was just a wierd request that i had no idea what to charge and cought me off guard. thanks for the help

APLC

6. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have average Joe's to doctors, lawyers and such, I find that the same price for everyone helps me sleep better at night

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

What type of bushes are you pulling. that always makes my mind up. 1. are they good enough that I can keep and replant somewhere in my yard till I find someone that I can sell them to. 2. are they like pyrocantha (sp) and suck to touch? 3. how much time is it going to take. putting the trees in a hole that is already dug is quick. min 100 plus supplies. figure 2 hrs plus drive to get it done.

8. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

if a new customer asked me to do that. id probably charge $125 + supplies depending on accessibility and ease of getting the trees out. now if it was a customer that i knew, it was guaranteed that they were going to spend 3k+ with me this year. id probably do it for $100 + supplies.

9. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I think all of this sounds cheap, i'd say 200 bucks.

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Id charge around $150 but whatever you decide to charge, just make sure your making a profit and don't end up doing it for free. If you give customers breaks of and on then they will expect you to that for them all the time so I wouldn't make it a habit