What would you charge to do ONE tree ring?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by fiveoboy01, Jun 14, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I get some requests from customers where the majority of the landscape beds have stone, then they have a a few trees that need mulch.

I figure it takes me about 10 minutes to dig a new edge with the shovel and remove the old mulch then a couple minutes to put the new mulch around the tree.

I plan on getting a yard of each type of mulch from my supplier and keeping it at my shop so I don't need to go get a few bucketfulls each time I do a couple tree rings.

I dunno, does $15-$17 per ring sound reasonable? I'm talking the standard 2-3 foot diameter ring with 5-6 inches of mulch. A yard will do a LOT of them...

2. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Is the client a long timer, in good standing (paying), lady or gentlemen, old or middle age? Lots of little things that lead to a decision. These little jobs can spread good will, lead to future clients, or even put you in the will of older "Little old ladies" If it were an older gentlemen or lady that likes you and you like them, I'd do it for the cost of the mulch.
    The Golden Rule will never go out of style.
    Roy

3. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

FiveO, charge a firm 25.00