1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge to do this yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gusbuster, Dec 31, 2000.

1. [​IMG]

I was just kind of curious what some of the newer members and older would charge per cut and total charge per month. I do realize that in some area's this lawn would need to be cut once a week, or like I do, every ten days. I go to a 14 to 18 day schedule from Dec to Feb and still charge the same monthly price.

The work is: cut the grass, edge the edges of lawn and around sprinklers. Pick up leaves from the Eucalyptus trees on the driveway area. Trim hedges every 1/4. Irrigation is set for 15 minutes per side on a monday and friday schedual. Since I am liscense aplicator and assuming that you are too, weed control and fertilizing is included in the monthly price.
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

Is there a backyard?
  3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Some other variables need to be taken in . Just looking at a picture its hard to do an estimate. How many otheres do you have in the area? If so are you cutting the others near there at the same times of the month and as frequent. If I have four in a row I can charge less because it's more efficient than having four apart in diferent areas. Alone I would charge around $150 a month which would include weekly cutting, edging, and trimming. It would also include a monthly trimming of hedges as well a weed control. I would also inlcude a 7 step fert. plan. This also includes spring and fall cleanups. This is based on the fact that there is no backyard...if there is the price would have to be change on what it looks like in the back.
  4. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 20$ min now but would not get it for this size lawn. I would drop it to 17$ and still not get it because of the compitition here. Somebody would do it fo 8.$(actually licensed guys too)
    I would charge 50$ an hour for the shrubs. I would insist on weekly mowing and a min of 30 mows for the season.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

$120.00 per month would take care of everything.
  6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

My truck is bigger than that lawn. Any back lawn area or is this it?
  7. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Well here in sacramento that lawn would go for between $25.00 to $60.00 amonth i would be the latter.
    How much do you get ih the bay area?
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Up here we would call that a GiaPet not a lawn.
  9. cantoo,Twotoro's,
    So far, you two guys are in the same ballpark figure that I charge this customer a month. What I charge is high end for this market area.

Ray and Ryan, this is a front only yard.

Some more info: By myself, each time it takes me only 20 min on average, when trimming needs to be done, about 45 min. Now that I have a full time worker, you can cut those time by 60 to 70% less time. I have 22 clients within a 12 block radius (no more than 1/2 mile from this client)
  10. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I would be at around $120 a month for all the services you listed