1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge to mow your own yard??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jun 3, 2002.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Came up with this idea for a thread when I was mowing my own yard this weekend. If I drove up to my yard to give a estimate, I would politely tell the person I couldn't do it. It's that bad!!!! 40 mins. push mowing, 10 mins. weedeating, and 5 mins. blowing. If I had to price it, it would be $35/cut.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd have to say $50/cut for mine although that'd be on a bi-weekly basis for the front since it is wooded and the "grass" doesn't grow. I actually started allowing the front to go "au naturale" last year as whatever grew kept it looking green and the wildlife seemed to like it. The back is a work in progress. Only 14 more trees or so and I'll have a nice meadow. :) With the help of :angel: Cos :angel: I have gotten over 10 trees down and the affect on getting a lawn going has been tremendous! (Thanks Dana!)
  3. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

No amount of money. However, I was able to work out a deal with the wife.:blob4:
  4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I live on a corner lot, so there is more trimming than an interior lot. I would also charge myself $35. I tried to get my 9 year old twin daughters to do the yard, but they are holding out for a Barbie painted/accessorized Lazer Z :)
  5. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

My lawn is a $30.00 lawn but I gave myself a family discount so that makes it a $25.00 cut. I also will include my fertilizer for the year if I can bring myself to sign a yearly contract! I just dont know if I can count on myself to be on time each week.

:D :confused: :p
  6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

ROFLMAO!!!!! Like the thread "whats the weirdest excuse....." LOL

LOL another great one.....
    My yard would have to be around $65-75 or so....
  7. ACER

ACER LawnSite Member

1 acre soon to be exclusively Tiff 419 cut twice a week with a reel mower ?????????? H*** I CAN'T AFFORD ME !!!!!
  8. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

1 Acre lot $60.00 - $65.00 w/ my son helping only?

By myself $80.00.........
  9. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Ohhhhh I forgot 2 say w/my son by him self FREE !!!!!!!:D :D :D
  10. Well like a previous poster said he made a deal with his wife,not this summer my wife is expecting twins but next summer im gonna have to make a deal with my wife to mow our small lawn.
    Or if she wants to she can take my place in the lawn business and i'll mow the home lawn:D

So i'll just add about 25$ for mowing 1000 square feet to all the money she always manages to get anyway:D