1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you charge??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by upidstay, Jul 7, 2005.

1. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Here is the question:
    What would you charge to mow this lawn? It is in a wealthy town in CT (highest per capita salary in US) High end (property worth $8 million+) lawn. Mostly blue grass, irrigated, fertilized by Chemlawn 6 times a year, so it basically grows like crazy. Extremely, thick, lush, gorgeous lawn. Did I mention it is roughly 425000 square feet? That's square feet of lawn, not lot size. There is 5000 linear feet of fence and 2000 feet of stone wall to weed wack, along with 57 trees, a dozen or so stumps, and beds all over the place. It takes roughly 2-4 man hours to weed wack, and no, you can't spray round up around the trees, etc. No visible clippings on lawn, and not a speck of grass in the beds or on the 1/4 mile long driveway. This guy is stinkin' rich, and very demanding. He wants us to mow it for $300 a pop. Everybody I've talkec to around thinks he's nuts.
  2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats 10 acres. Let me think about it.....ummmmm..........$499.99 :dizzy:

To be honest, without seeing the property I nor anyone else can tell you the correct price. $300 is way low...I can tell you that.
  3. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you irrigate 10 acres? I would think that if the water supply didn't come from a pond or a lake it would take multiple city water mains with a whole lot of zones. What a nightmare. This guy needs a full time grounds keeper.
  4. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

are you freakin crazy!!!!! i'd tell him the reason he's looking for someone new is because you can't expect a proffesional job for that price... crazy.... run don't walk.
  5. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

What town? My moms car has navigation I can put in the address and drive by haha.