What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveptO, Apr 12, 2001.

1. fiveptO

fiveptO LawnSite Member

I just put a bid out on a fairly large commercial site for weekly lawn mowing, and I was wondering what you would charge for this site: 115,500 sq. ft., very level ground, about 20 small trees and 20 small pine trees to trim around.

2. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

I do a place that is about 70,000 square feet and I get $150.00 a cut. It all has to be bagged and there is sidewalk all the way around the lawn that has to be trimmed. I almost feel like I get to much to this lawn but the owner can aford it and has never complained about the price.
  3. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

With someting like that I find out if I'm going to get all the extra work as well. Fert,beds,weed control etc... if so than I take that into consideration when coming to a price. I also price jobs on the level of difficulty, I know you said it is very flat but how much trimming and edging comes into play also. The size of a property is only a small part of the equation.
    Good luck
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

What kind of overhead do you have? How many employees? What kind of equipment? Too many variables to give you a price but an almost 3 acre site can be a good or a bad thing when its attatched to a commercial site. Get your costs on paper and you'll have a better idea.
  5. fiveptO

fiveptO LawnSite Member

There's some trimming....theres about 20 small trees and 20 small pines to trim around, and a few misc. things like tree stakes, fire hydrants etc. I did bid on all the other work too, but for this post, i'm just interested in the mowing. If you were bidding on this job, what would you charge for just the mowing?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

$120.00 to $150.00 but I'll have to see it first. <g>
  7. over here we get on average about 80 dollars an acre. i know it sounds high but that is what we get. so figure maybe for your site cut / trim / blow 210 maybe 200?