What Would You Charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clallen03, Jan 17, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I was at an estimate today and had a chance to take some pics of the lawn. I was just wondering what other LCO charge for this same job.

The homeowner wants the leaves removed and the shrubs trimmed.

I charged her $75, what would you have charged?

Mrs Webster's Lawn.jpg

Mrs Webster's Lawn2.jpg

Mrs Webster's Lawn3.jpg

Mrs Webster's Lawn4.jpg

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Slow season perhaps shrub trimming is back breaking work is that lava rock if it is triple your time for cleanup leaves look easy shrubs with a cleanup at least two hours.

3. clallen03

What is it? Is everyone scared of this question? Im not asking people to tell me how to bid, Im just wondering what everyone else would bid.

I've already been hired for the job, just had the camera and took some pics.

I guess I shouldn't have asked this question.

4. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

So your trimming EVERY shrub? and cleaning up the mess... if that is so I would charge $45 a man hour, which would prolly be around $200..

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

ok here is what we would do.
    from how I counted, I would say there are about 25 shrubs. it's $4 minimum on shrubs for us on small ones. so I would say at least 100 bucks on the shrubs. throw in a small disposal fee cause it doesn't look like too much trimmings.
    the leaves on the lawn don't look too bad, just as long as they aren't embedded down in there, can't confirm from the pic. so we would blow out the bed, and run a lawn mower over the front to suck up the leaves.
    $100 - shrubs
    $35 - blow out bed, run mower over front to suck up leaves
    $15 - disposal
    $150 - total

8 years ago when we were starting, we wouldn't have bid that, but over time you'll learn that things take longer than you planned, and you have to add a "little extra cushion" incase that happens.

6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I would try for $5.00/ shrub, and $50.00/ hr. for cleanup. By what I can see, $125 for the trimming and $25.00 for the leaves to the curb. Plus Tax.
    Matt

7. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

At least 100 buck. Thats and easy job in and out. I would bang out the trimming in 30 minutes then charge her a cleanup rate. $125 one guy 2 hours tops.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We would do that for around $100 and we would not leave with any trash we would mulch up leaves and shub trimmings. And it would be much more than we would normally charge for regular customer which would be half that amount if part of a contract.

9. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

At least $100 for the shrubs and $50 for the clean up unless the leaves are really stuck down. than atleast $75 for the clean up

10. clallen03

Thanks for your input, but let me tell you that there is no leaves in the flowers beds, only on the turf. The beds are full of faded large pine bark chips.

I can see were I could have increased the price a bit, I guess you live and you learn.

Whats really scary is that this lady was paying $29 a month, 12 month contract for here previous LCO to maintain this lawn. This was for a bi-weekly cut for .25 of an acre and 2 shrub trimmings a year. When she told me that I was floored. I thought I was over bidding this job.
    Im glad you guys can put things back into prospective for me.

Thanks