What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jan 8, 2004.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Just took down old apple tree for one of my customers yesterday. About 17' to 20' tall, 15' wide removed to the ground. Trunk 2' thick. Took 3 hours. Equipment used, 1 ton dump truck, tractor w/front loader and chain saws, one man (me). Dumped two loads for free (will charge customer of coarse). Easy access 40' from street. Good customer.

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

300.00 to 400.00

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Probably around $500. site unseen. :cool:

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I would have to rent the equipment, but sounds like you had it already.
    If I had to rent it, probably $600,
    already having it, probably $450.

Not being too efficient with large trees, It would probably take me a lot longer, as I would go slow for safety reasons, but would call it a day after this alone.

5. J&R

Why i s said 300-400 I would back my 20' trailer knotch tree cut tree fall in trailer cut stump to ground lavel. drive off. less than 1 hour.

6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The going rate where I'm at for a tree that size is $300 plus $75 for hauling and dumping. If you grind the stump it's another $150.

7. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Whose going rate for the stump is $150. Wow, most that would be $50-75 here. Stumps are done so cheap by the guys that have good stump grinders it's not worth it for most people to rent one here. Also, a tree company would probalby charge anywhere from $300-400 for everything incl. stump.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL!! You would drop a tree into your trailer? Geeze, surprised it is still in one piece! :dizzy:

9. J&R

He said it was just a 17'-20' apple tree.

10. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

300 to 400 sounds about right too me. Make sure the insurance is up to date!