What would you charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by geoscaper, Nov 11, 2004.

1. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

Curious to see what you would price this out at. The job takes 27 man hours, i've done it before. Prune, edge, mulch. The beds take 17 yds. dark hardwood mulch. The kicker is one large bed that has to be mulched that is at the top of a pretty steep hill that takes approx. 6 of those yards. Curious to see what you would bid it at.

2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

1,780.00 plus dump fee

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

1139 plus pruning charges. You made no reference to how much trimming was necessary.

4. geoscaper

geoscaper LawnSite Member

The landscape is pretty heavily planted, but a newer landscape. Not too much pruning, not a whole lot of pitchforking of mulch.

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

about how many linear feet of edging? I assume the bed edges only need "refreshed" as opposed to cutting in new ones? about how many shrubs to prune? (rough estimate will do)

6. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Normally I would just charge the 65.00 per yard installed,for the mulch.
    However with the hill I would also add in the hourly rate for moving the mulch.
    The edging I charge 1.50 per ft.for an edge that has not been kept up and .75 for one that has. In this case if you are skimming the bed and edging
    by hand, that will create alot of debris to move down the hill.Therefore I would add the hourly rate on top of the edging cost.

Without identifying the pruning, cost can not be calculated

Hauling rates should be considered for the edging and pruning.

Good Luck !

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

$1300.00 plus any dump fees

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

$2000 complete.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$2000.00 for 17 yards of mulch?

Uhuh.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

2900.00 plus whatever the edging would be @ .52 lft, give or take(depending on terrain and if the edge is well established, if new edging, it would be around 1.00 lft). And i would also add in 200.00 to cover extra hauling of mulch to the hilltop bed to cover rental of a georgia buggy or something similar.No way we're moving 6 yds up a hill in wheelbarrows on an installed price product. So around 3100.00 +/-