What would you choose???

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by Rick13, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Rick13

Rick13 LawnSite Senior Member

Used Toro Workman (gas) Machine

or

Used John Deere Gator 4x6 (gas) Machine???

I am wanting to get one of these machines to load a compost tea sprayer in the back. The sprayer, hose, engine, boom attachment, with a full 100 gallons of compost tea would weight around 1600 pounds.

I know the Toro Workman could handle it, the John Deere Gator I think can only handle 1500 pounds (so I won't fill it up all the way).

Does anyone have any knowledge on either machines? Both machines are priced in the same area.

I have a Toro and John Deere Dealers around the area....so parts should not be a problems.

Thanks for your help!!!!

toro workman.jpg

Toro Workman 2.jpg

john deere gator 4x6.jpg

john deere gator 4x6 2.jpg

2. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a lot of hour's on both and i would take a workman anyday. The gator is underpowered and a 1500 Lb. payload is wishful thinking. One of the worst part's about the gator is that piece of metal right beside the seat's on the outside of the machine. They claim that's a hand grip, it's really a hip breaker.

3. WTC67213

WTC67213 LawnSite Member

Look into the Intimidator UTV's. All around heavier then models mentioned above.

Their truck series can haul a round bale around no problem!

4. looperlawn

looperlawn LawnSite Member

Kabota UTv best around

5. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

I think a Polaris 6x is far superior to the two you have chosen, and will pull or push with all 6 wheels when necessary, and carry all you can fit in the bed, with a hydraulic elec lift...Tony

6. Dakman

Dakman LawnSite Member

If you put a lot of weight in a six wheeled Ranger or Gator they won't steer very well if at all.