What would you do about this erosion?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sheshovel, Apr 9, 2007.

1. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Question, I am not asking for advice here, just what would YOU do if a client asked you to "fix" this mess?

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

What would I do? I'd pass.:)
  3. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

I would give him a bid to terrace the banks with retaing walls, proper drainage and plantings that would sprawl and bind the soil... chances are the guy will faint when he sees the price tag or it will turn into a decent job.
  4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Retaining Wall!
  5. TFmike

TFmike LawnSite Member

I would bid the engineers plan, let them take the liability
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

What would YOU do if a client asked you to "fix" this mess?

Tell them to move, or question them to why they would buy a house on a lot like that.
  7. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

They are going to have a car un their bedroom some night. ... tell me there is no snow in that area, please.
  8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

tell them the first 50,000 is due now and each friday for the next month 50,000 will be due. I 'd laugh and realize some one has more money than brains.
  9. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

the engineers plan would be one of two options, the first would be a retaining wall...the second would be to cut back the slope. The angle or repose is far too steep as i see it and nothing will stay in place there..the only way would be to cut it back to a 3:1 slope or the better alternative would be a 2:1 slope...for the last few pictures anyway...the first picture needs a retaining wall to bring the level up for a little extra safety incase a car goes over the curb
  10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Oh lots of snow!
    How you going to cut back into that hill with the road right above it like that?
    How will a retaining wall stop the erosion?