What would you do?be pissed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Axl, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

1st PROBLEM Last week I took my Exmark TThp48 in to get a tune up for the spring, and my dealer gave me a quote or an estimate for about 170. Wasn't happy bout price but I never had hime do it before. Needless to say I call bout week later and ask if it was done (not the owner) and I asked what the final amt. was. She said yes and the final amout was like $379. WHAT THE F#@! I never recieved any type of a call or anything to say hey we found a prob or to let me know that it would be expensive.

2nd PROBLEM Keep in mind I have dealing with this guy from the beginning and bought every new piece of equip I have from him. I call a dealer I have never spoken with before and ask for quote on 27 Kohl 60in SupZ he says 8095. I call my dealer disguise my voice he says 8100. I walk in there personally and he tells me 8199. What should I do, as a customer who deals exclusively with him I do not feel that I have been taken care of the way I should have. Please give your opinions
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

tell em off, then find a new dealer.
    I think my pants would be on fire if my dealer did that to me.
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Heck yeah AXl, I just bought a 52"TThp from a dealer in town who I never had any dealings with a he so far has been great. He actually talked me out of a more expensive model, and to me that says a lot. I've delt with other people like that and it seems to me they just don't have any respect for you.
    If I were you I would call him out, tell him that it was you on the phone and get pissed about the lack of a phone call I mean its not like its just another $20.00 its a couple hundred.
  4. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Move onto another dealer. Then drop by your old dealer with the new equipment and buy 1 quart of 2 stroke mix off him. Make sure he sees your new purchase.

Or just forget about him and find a new Dealer.

My local ford dealer gave me a screwing on my F250. I went out 6 months later and bought a GMC 2500, went right over to the Ford dealer that screwed me with the new GMC and said. Gesh, I really wanted to buy from you but I just didn't feel right about the last purchase.
    (probably a little immature but I felt better after that.) I was honest with him at least.
  5. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

Tell him the price he quoted you and then find a new dealer. I have found better pricing in other areas than my own. Keep looking for the best price. Report the mechanic to the BBB for price gouging.
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

by the way,
    Whats with these dealers & small engine service places that they always go ahead and do the repair without calling.
    2 years ago my 20hp kohler took a crap when i had a bunch of big jobs lined up, i took the jugs in to have mic'd, possibly bore and valve grind or trash it and replace the whole motor. I called for a update, they said they didn't touch it yet. I said well, call right away when you have some numbers I might replace it instead expaining my need for the machine. he says ok. another day goes by with no call. i ordered a 24hp honda, 2 day shipping. i get the motor, install it, and was already using it when he calls and says your cylinders are ready 390 bucks. I told him i hope you have a buyer for them cause i bought a motor and don't need them.
    I never approved a thing. and i never heard what the cyl. readings were.
    I think they figured since my machine was down i would just do it.
    i bought my honda for 1300 shipped.
    he's still stuck with the jugs.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would tell him up front about how you feel about everything and everything that has been going on. If he gets mad, so be it, move on. I had a go at it with one of my dealers last year, and it's sad to say that I took my business elsewhere after I give him a piece of my mind.
  8. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

Thats what Im sayin, I havent been down there to see what has actually been done to the mower but I paid 1900 for the damn thing used and a 400 dollar tune up is 20% of what I paid for the mower. That is exactly what is wrong here, I dont know what has BEEN done (PAST TENSE), I should know whats going to BE done (FUTURE), before it happens especially if its going to be more than double the original quote.
  9. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

All I Have To Say Is Axl Has An Appetite For Destruction!!!
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What about Slash?