What would you do? Need your help!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by cstafford, Jun 11, 2012.

1. cstafford

cstafford LawnSite Member

Calling on my brothers out there to help with this one. See the image. Client wants irrigation in both beds (left and right in image). Problem is the street in between. . My thoughts are to place individual equipment (timer, PVB, etc) on each side. There is a source of water and electricity on each side. Please advsie what you would consider.

ap.jpg

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like you answered your own question...

Installing pipe under a city road is a big no no....

I'm actually confused... IF there is water and power on both sides .. What is the actual question here? Sounds pretty self explanatory to me.. Are you concerned about cost ? It's a hoa they can handle it .. If they can't then don't do the job. Infact buffer your bid 10%

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

under an a existing city road I want to clarify..

If you're the contractor of a new development then go for it

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

No Brainer

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

yup, PVB both sides, with a theft prevention cage around each.

6. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Run the pipe up the power pole, attach to the cable line, and across the street. What a great morning to be Mr. Innovative!!!

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I would pitch the idea of tapping into the irrigation of the two houses. No different than a city requiring a property owner to water their street trees. If it is a HOA with dues, then it is an easier proposition as you can reduce the dues for the two house as compensation for the water used.

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

pipe over the power pole is a way better idea

9. I was involved in an HOA that did just that. Turned into a real headache because of reimbursement issues, service issues, and programming issues. If you can get them to go for two separate taps! controllers, and PVBs I'd definitely go that route. Tap off the homes as a last option.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

... and tapped into the fire hydrant.