1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you do with $1000.00

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassmanak, Feb 3, 2006.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

What would you guys buy with a $1000.00
    i have the items in my sig, not the best, but i do have them already.
  2. probably go to the boat and play craps.
  3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Its not a valid question. You need to give more info on your lawn sizes. If all your mowing is yours and your moms house or something just get an edger and be happy. 1000 is just the tip of the iceberg I got about 30k in equipment

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Use it as part of personal property taxes we pay for the 260K worth of equipment the company owns:cry:
  5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

If you really want to mow lawns, sell the Denali, get a small pickup & trailer, get a 48" w/b a decent trimmer and edger, then have Staples print up some flyers for ya.
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Put the money down on a walk behind.
  7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

look at something used maybe
  8. gll

gll LawnSite Member

Give it to me.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't bet on the trimmer lasting long. I would buy a new comm'l grade trimmer, probably start looking for good used w/b's also.
  10. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

For those who have replied, thanks, most lawns are smaller, 1/2 or less, i was thinking, maybe a used commercial unit and a new trimmer for now