What Would You Do??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cmorris, Mar 30, 2005.

1. cmorris

cmorris LawnSite Member

I need some help guys, yesterday I went and bought a new trailor at a well respected trailor sale company. The guy mentioned to me that he has a very good friend wanting to sell out. So I called the guy and it comes down to this.
    25,000. for 18 accounts that comes to 1500 weekly.
    40,000. for the accounts, 61 inch lazer, 48 hdro walk behind, 20 ft trailor.
    weedeaters, blowers.
    He said one guy could do all this in 35-40 hours per week. I would love to jump on this I am skeptical, and I don't think I have the man power to do it this year. Money is also a problem, how would I go about working something out with him or getting a small business loan? I would really appeciate your thoughts on this guys.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

25000 for the accounts is high, i was thinking 15000 for everthing just my 2 cents.
  3. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Are the accounts commercial CONTRACTS or verbal agreements. I would not pay 25,000 for the accounts. You must find out whetehr these accounts are bid on yearly. You don't want to pay for something and then lose it next season. Seems like alot of money to invest in general.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If money is an issue for you then you shouldn't even being considering it.

You didn't say if they were residential or commercial or more importantly if there are under Contract and how much they bill at per year. BUt $25K seems really high as the others said unless they are huge commercials. If they are residential NO WAY they are worth anywhere near that. As to 40 hours to do 18n prop's using a 61' Z...I could cut those in TWO 8 hour days alone, MAX.
  5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If they were under contract for the next 2-3 years maybe offer $15k. If they are not under contract don't even consider it. Is the equipment included in that price? I couldn't tell from your post if it was included. I don't know your situation but if you don't need the equipment bargain with him on the price. If I was in your position I would probably stay away.
  6. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, brain cramp this morning :blush: I re-read your post and gather it's $40k for everything. Sounds way too high to me.
  7. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

i know in my area might be willing to give them two weeks worth of what they bring in. due to one u would be mowing for free for a while, and also if it's residential (no contracts) they could drop ya the next day if they like.

just my 2 cents