What would you do ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qps, Apr 17, 2005.

1. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I'm mowing the front of a large condo complex, across the street a guy is mowing a residental lawn with a exmark. chute is folded up and guess what...Pow...he runs over a small stump....a chunk of wood the size of a softball goes flying past me at mach II... if a car had been coming at the same time he could have killed someone....anyways I stopped and check body parts....yep eveything still intact...no bleeding....he just looks at me and gives me the " ole well" sign....I stop...he stops...and says I didn't do it on purpose.....that's gonna look good on my headstone...anyways I didn't make a big deal over it but suggested that he walk a property he's not sure of in the future....wearing my helmet tomm. :)

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Do about what? As he said I'm sure it was simply an accident. As to the chute heck up or down probably had no effect on it.

3. qps

from Indy

Ugh.....maybe his oh well I could have killed you...so what attitude...my first reaction was to jump off my mower and beat the crap outta him for being a moron....

4. kcowell

kcowell LawnSite Member

b-o-o h-o-o :cry:

5. northwest lawn

northwest lawn LawnSite Member

i was mowing with my shoot down hit a peice of wood flew up two storys and hit a house didnt know it was there.

6. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

The chute is there for a reason. To block such debris. Sure it's not going to block everything but you don't know if you don't use it. Some people really are morons and have no business on a lawn mower. Just my two cents.

7. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Safety is one thing. But I can't stand when people think that just because something touches them they're gona die. Oh My God it was in the air, if it hit me I would be dead. Get a life.

8. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

You were in his shoes what you have said beside i didn't mean to ????? Oh I'm so sorry let me cry for you no i don't think so i bet you would have said the same

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I dont like it at all when I see LCO's mowing with the guard up and aimed toward traffic. You could cause an accident if a rock hits a car window. The rock could hit a window and break glass and hurt somebody. YOu should always put safety first.
    That being said i had the guard down and a rock bounced off the ground and flew right over a car going down the road. Whew! that was close. The guard has been a lifesaver though in many cases

10. qps

from Indy

will guess I was wrong on this one...next time I shoot something out (on accident) and it hits your kid, don't come crying to me..boo. hoo... oh yeah all the smart ass wannabe's can kiss my ass. :realmad: I'm done with this site...to many jerk's with a truck and a walk behind..and presto...I'm a professionial now and I'm a business man. clue...when people list the equipment on every post, that's the first sign :rolleyes: So boss man go ahead a ban me now because I'm done....along with many others that have left this site. All the good people here, take care.