What would you Do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green-Pro, May 30, 2005.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I got one customer that is an every two week cut, she is two weeks because when I quoted the price she wanted to try and soften the financial "burden" I had all my commercial and residential done by noon last Friday so all would look good for the holiday ( this is with an out of the blue having 20 more accounts passed to me, more commercial and residential ), She is due for a cut on Tuesday, been wondering if I should have got her done on Friday for the Holiday? I guess I felt kind of bad that I didn't think/forgot to move her up on the schedule, thinking next time this happens I will cut a few days in advance. Is there a unofficial guideline any one follows? What would you guys do?

-Geoff

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Geoff, I have a few, actually 5 bi-weekly accounts and this year we told them on any given holiday we will mow them the next day or the day before. I know a lot of guys are still mowing today and that seems to be a normal around here, at least with the smaller companies. hell everything else is open and running "normal" like a typical Monday. But if you have a bunch that fall on a holiday then I would mow a few before and a few the next day. :waving:

3. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Tuesday the 31st would be two weeks since last cut to the day, I planned to have all caught up so I could take today off and most of my customers sure as heck would not want me there on a big Holiday anyway. She is basically a good customer and pays on time, nice lady, just wants to make paying for lawn care easier on herself. Commercial accounts won't need cut today anyway ( two are the National Guard and Army Reserve, couldn't even if they needed it, which they don't ). I guess I just got so wrapped up in getting all done/caught up and incorporating new accounts into the schedule I really just plumb forgot about the Holiday weekend until the very last minute on Friday.

Thanks for the reply NB :waving:

-Geoff

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Every other week mows have to figure out that their lawn will look bad every other weekend.
    Crawdad

5. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly as Crawdad said.

If they want a nice looking lawn the EOW will not cut it (pun intended LOL)