1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Oasis1, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Oasis1

Oasis1 LawnSite Member

So I've been at my current jobs for 3 years and have been doing lawn care part time for 3 years also. So I've been going to school for horticulture and I just signed up to get my pesticide license. Well, school starts next week and my current employer decides to tell me that i cant go to school anymore and I cant have off the days to get my license. I was wanting to go full time this year in the lawn industry but with them doing this it kind of hinders things. So what would you do. Try to find another job until the season begins or what.
  2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Go and get a part-time job and tell them going in what your rules will be and then quit your other job but remember not to burn bridges.
  3. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

same thing gateway said.,..
    get another part time job... to have some income.. then quit your other job,,,
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

thats just wrong man, tell them to take a jump...:)
  5. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I would tell your boss you have lost some good help. Go and get a good part time job.
  6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

If your quitting you job, I hope you have some SERIOUS ADVERTISING set up for Spring time. You want to make sure your getting work where you want to work, not whoever calls you. Before you leave your job, make sure you have around $1500 JUST FOR ADVERTISING.