1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what would you do?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by loydm689, Apr 23, 2006.

1. loydm689

loydm689 LawnSite Member

I have a few residents who have large dogs.Do I ask them to clean up the piles the dogs left behind before I mow,or do I charge more to play dodge the pooh!

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

give them the option tell them either they clean it up or you will have to charge them for clean up of your equipment.
  3. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, that is what i do. either they clean it up or it is a $5 (or $10 depending on account) surchrage for cleaning the equipment.
  4. MMLC

MMLC LawnSite Member

I charge $5 equipment clean up if it's not removed prior to service.
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i never thought of charging a equip. clean-up surcharge for that! thanks for the tip, i just usually run it over and leave it were it lands.
  6. BCF

BCF LawnSite Member

Charge them for it, or make 'em clean it up. But charge them good enough that you won't want to die when you're cleaning it up.
  7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what I do too and then charge them extra on top of that!:laugh:
  8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

get it on your tire on purpose and rub it all over in front of there main walkway by slamming the breaks and the right time
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

yes, tell them it needs to get picked up or there will be an added fee for it.....welcom to LS, btw, i really like your avatar....GO COWBOYS
  10. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

You do BOTH, if they dont clean it up, u charge them. its something that should be in YOUR contract.