What would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok heres the deal i bought a 52" 27Hp toro zmaster last year (with turboforce deck) LOVE THE MOWER...but the d@mn thing will not hold hills worth ****! (and i live in Tennessee with LOTS of hills) and its really startin to get to me...i am starting to wonder if i should sell the mower and get another WB but this time get a 60" with 23Hp (so it will NOT be underpowered)...i really hate to loose money on this mower becouse it is so new but i figure if i sell it privately i wouldnt loose much at all if any on the mower becouse if its low hours (175.3) and extras (suspention kit, striper, extra blades)

So my question to you guys is would you sell the mower and get a new or VERY slightly used (under 100 hour) Turf tracer 60" with 23Hp OR keep the 52" w/ 27Hp Toro Zmaster

Also what do you guys thing i could get out of the zmaster...it is in perfect cond. 175 hours suspention kit, striper, extra blades

and what could i pick up a new 60" Turf Tracer for with 23Hp kohler

Any input would be great

Thanks

2. ToroLandscaper

Come on guys HELP!!!!

Please i need input for anyone and everyone

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Maybe try a little more agressive tire on it. Something with a better off road tread. Only drawback will be more turf tearing on turns, but if your main goal is hill holding then differently treaded tires might help.

4. ToroLandscaper

Considered that but i am having a VERY hard time finding aggressive tread for the tired size

5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw one somewhere on the internet a few days ago, i don't know where. It was a 27/52 w/ turboforce deck and 103 hrs.. It was going for either $6,000 or $6,500. not real sure of condition. I don't think it had susp. kit or striping kit though. hope this helps.

6. ToroLandscaper

DANG...i really hate to loose that much money! maybe i will stick with what i got until the warrenty runs out!

Keep the comments comin

7. nmez21

You could probably get closer to $7,000-$7,250 with all the extras you've got.

8. nmez21

edit:double post

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What size tires are on it?

10. ToroLandscaper

Drive Tires 23" x 9.50-12"