1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I am having a tough time deciding what to do. I have 2 trucks but I need a third. I have these 2 new commercial accounts where an additional wright stander would save me roughly 45 minutes to an hour.

If I buy the third truck, there is no lawn equipment. If I buy the lawn equipment, there is no truck. What to do? What to do?
  2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

After careful deliberation, I have decided to do neither. I am selling my biz and my current equipment. I cannot keep up with these young guys cutting 40 lawns a day out of their trunk using a walmart special 21 inch.

I just cant. I guess its back to school for me. I need to learn how to run a company out of the trunk of my car using wal mart specials.
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't fully understand you first post. I assume you haul you equipment on trailers and you need room for one more Wright stander on one commercial account. Is that correct? What do you have on each truck now? Can equipment be rearanged to fit on the existing trucks? Larger trailer perhaps? I don't think we have a clear picture of your problem. Saving 45 minutes on one job it would take along time to pay for another truck. So far from what I understand just take the extra 45 minutes to do the account or hire the Walmart kid to help.
  4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

How much "careful deliberation" can one do in 29 minutes?

Like Tacoma, I'm kinda confused about what the problem is. And I don't know of anyone doing 40 lawns solo with a Walmart 21.

You sound frustrated. I think it might be time to take a deep breath, relax, have a brewski if necessary:drinkup: and take a close look at what you have, what you need, and how to bridge the difference between the two.

Give us some more details about your biz, maybe we can help.
  5. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

If you need the stander for just a certian account then load that mower that day in place of another ? If thats posiable no need to panic I dont think.