what would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Nov 13, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

heres a thread i think everybody can chime in on with some input. o.k. heres the scenerio, been cutting for a nursing home all year. paid late every month with late fees. i send out octobers invoice on the 25th that totalled 920.48. got a check in the mail for 543.63 on october 28th. today i just received a check for the whole amount previously owed. 920.48. as of today all they owed was 476.85. o.k. seems they overpaid 443.63. heres the moral dilemna, what would you do? would you call them up and explain to them that they overpaid? would you give them a 443.63 credit on next years bill to ensure they will stick with you? or do you keep the money because "heh, its not my fault they screwed up". so, tell me what would you do and why? thanks, randy.

2. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I would send them a credit memo fore next services

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

do you really have to ask what the right thing to do is?????

issue a credit.

4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

Make them aware of the mistake if you don't they will catch it and drop you for being dishonest. Let them make the choice of taking a credit or getting a refund

5. lawnwizards

i already know what i'm gonna do, just want to see what you all would do.

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I send out monthly statements to any customer that does not have zero balance...so the credit would be there for them to see. I don't call and offer a refund but that's an option for them if they choose to call me.

7. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

maby it was a tip?

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Do the honest thing randy and issue them a credit to their account...it's a no brainer.

9. lawnwizards

rod, what if grass is over for them and i don't plow. do i still issue them a credit or give them a refund for the overpayment? thanks.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I would ask them what they would like for me to do to correct all this.