1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TXLWN, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TXLWN

TXLWN LawnSite Member

What would you do different with your business if you were starting the season over with a clean slate after being out of the business for a while? Also what would be a realistic goal on picking up accounts? I am shooting for 30-50 small accounts. Im thinking of doing 10k plus flyers but I have my doubts I can pick up that many unless if put out closer to 30k flyers. What do you guys think?

2. Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass LawnSite Senior Member

i have been passing out door hangers and have picked up 20 more accounts on 5000 door flyers so far. i have 5000 more to pass out.

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

danm wetgrass, wish i could get that big of a turn around. i mostly target houses that need a cutting tho. i dont pass to every door. proab should try that tho.

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

proab dont get a big turn around cause i might only pass out 50 in a day like i did today. i usually get a bigger turn around knocking on doors with my equipment. just gotta be care with that tho cause i dont know if that falls under needing a permit to solicite tho, since your teching selling somethin, your services. and people are so scary now a days they call the police on you. i know cause i am one and they call all the freaking time. "theres a guy going door to door asking for lawn care, i think hes casing the neighbor hood."