what would you do?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by birddseedd, Jun 9, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Not a big enough job to need a lawyer. only 300 bucks. 40 yards

The seams are tight

unfortunately. was not watered. his water was off. i'm thinking of trying to use a water tank and compressor to pump water up to places for things like this.

The sod itself is perfect KbG. i'v had great results every time i'v used or seen sod from this farm. is why i drive an hour to get it.

i think i'm going to stop over there today and take a look at it. need to go get some herbicide anyway.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You've really got to work on this. Make rules and stick to them. 40 or 40K , my best friend or my mother, everybody signs and pays. You know darned well the customers will hold your feet to the fire the same way. Those few hundred dollar losses have a way of adding up quick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  3. birddseedd

I can see why he was upset. a lot of the grass had died off. this was due to my inability to water the grass. From now on I want to have a pressurized container of water that I can use to pump water into places. there was one type of weed growing. everything else has turneed into dirt under the grass. I told him that I will redo the whole job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Why is it your responsibility to water a clients lawn?

When I put sod down, if they don't water it that is there problem. I'm not going to be held responsible for someone's new lawn dying off when they neglected It

Also, to water you can just have a tank that is gravity fed. Or a small diaphragm pump from Home Depot will work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Patriot Services

So, you are going to warranty a sod job that failed because the moron didn't water it? What did he expect? Another of my "rules", warranty on sod expires the minute I leave UNLESS, I and only I have complete control of the water and they are willing to pay for an "aftercare" package.:usflag:

ericg likes this.
  6. How's it going Patriot?!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Patriot Services

It is going so good something is bound to blow up. I am leaving all my Silky and Felco tools to you since you are one of the few people that can appreciate them and will take care of them. Trying to help the young Bird here get his stuff together. Others are pretty rough on him , but I'm trying to be above that. Big rain front coming through again. Loving this wet stuff. Everything is all bright green and growing strong.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  8. birddseedd

Well. i think it has to do with me not watering it when it was put down initially.

gravity fed wont work going up hill.

9. birddseedd

I'v gotten alot of help on lawnsite and plow site. i appreciate it. online youll always have to weed through the guys who jsut want to argue to see the ones who give good advice. alot of very smart and experienced people here. i'v learned much.

10. birddseedd

By the way. what is going to be the best way to till the ground. not sure it really needs it as the groudn is all just dirt accept that one weed that seems to be dang strong. but i want to avoid the turf being bumpy and uneven.