1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mgarn, Jun 30, 2014.

1. mgarn

mgarn LawnSite Member

I don't have a lot of experience in the repair field. Its something I would like top get into more of. So I found a lawn and wanted to get your opinions on how your would fix it?

[​IMG]

2. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on their budget and time frame sod
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Aerate it two directions and slit seed take over water schedule if they have irrigation
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

5. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

Just overseed it with some fescue or something nice get growth started back be the easiest way with no experience unless you were asked to sod it, while it sets for germination start working on the beds, walkway edges, and around the house they need much attention.

But not sure of your location either.

6. mgarn

mgarn LawnSite Member

I have plenty of experience laying sod, just looking for other options on fixing yards. By the way this is not a potential client of mine this is just a yard I found that if I was ever asked to fix something like this I wanted to know what the options were . Thanks for the replies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I would sod.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. TruSomethingOrOther

TruSomethingOrOther LawnSite Member

Aerate, black gypsum, seed, top dress, lightly seed, then straw rolls for coverage. Starter fert for good measure.