What would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by seasonal services, Apr 22, 2004.

1. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have a customer that i charge $25 to cut. Well I cut her yard and and i sent her an invoice and shes confused because she doesnt know why she recieved a bill. She got the bill because i cut her grass. I mean wouldnt she see the stripes??, i dont get it. So anyways she doesnt want to pay becuase she is convinced i didnt cut it. I cut it about 2 weeks ago, I skipped a week because it didnt need it and now here we are and it needs to be cut again and she doesnt think i cut it the 1st time. Im not cuttin her yard till she pays and if she doest pay im going to bring back the grass clippings I hauled away from her yard and leave them there for her.:mad:

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If she is set on not paying you for the first cut...drop the account like a bad habit. She will be a miserly, miserable customer and will try everthing she can to beat you out of money. Tell her good-bye and don't look back. I hate those kind of people and avoid them like the plague!

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would try to reason with her, but in the furture go out and buy some carbon sales slips, you can get them at any Office supply store and leave a copy everytime you cut her lawn. I leave a copy at every customers house after I cut, that way at the end of the month there is no questions. I just write down whatever services we provided etc. on the slip and leave it in their mailbox or doorway area.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Our field logs have slots for info. Recorded, is Date, time, height, and direction of cut. This way, there is no questions. Although, with this bird, it sounds like she STILL question it.

5. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I know how you feel. I snow-blowed a couple of driveways this year and the lady did the same thing to me. Even though I do everyone on the dead end street, she was sure I didn't do here driveway. I mean really, don't you think it would be fool hardy for me not to do one driveway out of eigth with everybody watching?

Drop her unless you really need her, or ask for the money up front on the next cut....then walk away.

6. EnvEdge

EnvEdge LawnSite Member

Drop her.

We had a lady accuse us of cutting twice in one week, she even circled the dates on her invoice for us. Too bad she was too stupid to know that a week consists of 7 days and the dates on her invoice were 7-10 apart for the entire month.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Bye Bye.(to the customer)
    If your customer doesn't trust you it's all down hill.