what would you get for the per cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Apr 19, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

honestly, don't give me the $85 a cut thing..

i know the pic isn't that clear, but use the trailer for scale. this is done with 21's any thing bigger would look rediculous cutting this.
    no back yard, the beds take about 5 minutes to run a cultivator through, and there's some edging with the trimmer cuz the curve of the pavers, and the concrete securing of the pavers.
    cutting, we're in and out in about 15 minutes, me and 1 guy. just curious to see price scales.

2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

is that everything just in the picture? 2 guy crew 15mins = 1/2 hr man power = $30 per cut

3. fga

basically. the lawn ends right at the white flowered tree, and goes to the curb where my truck is.... same size as the left, without the paver walk way dividing it..

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

what was your bid or estimate on this yard? i'm leaning towards the $35 mark, but i don't know your overhead, ect.

also i don't know what your cost of living and operational rates your getting, i live in an rural area so.... its much different than ny. :cool2:

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I dont work in the city here, but from what I hear of others that do in Va.,I would say 25-30 bux, that is the going rate here

6. SnoMan97

SnoMan97 LawnSite Member

$25-$30 here also.

7. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

$30-$35.
    An Illegal out here...... $10. :(

8. fga

honestly, i think i under priced it. i am getting $28 per cut.
    the area it's in is very rich, private streets, high standards, ..i could have gotten more. i seem to be ballpark which is fine, even compared to the NJ guys, which price similar.
    this is my first account in this area, so hopefully it will openthe doors. you know, all you have to do is get a foothold in one and your golden. i hate though when i under price something if i think that way.

for the record, i didn't undercut anybody. this is one of my long time customers who just moved here, so ofcourse, they kept me on despite the 40 other guys working in this neighborhood.

9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I would charge 30.00, but I would charge extra to do the bed work.

10. fga

A+,
    my business overhead is pretty slim. i strive for that.

living overhead... :dizzy: