What would you get?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by cuttingmaniac22, Dec 18, 2005.

1. cuttingmaniac22

cuttingmaniac22 LawnSite Member

I am going to be mowing some fairly big commercial lawns this coming year, but also some residential lawns, I only want exmark mowers because last year I was lucky enough to drive(mowed a lawn) a friends and I love it. But the tricky part is what should i get? The highest i can afford is around $9,000.00. Does anyone got any advice???

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a lazer z 60/23 and a lazer z xs 72/31 they will both cover some large territory in a days time. what ever you get i reccommend getting plenty of horsepower to push it. i think the 23 is a little too small for the 60 but the 31 runs the 72 just fine,

i think i paid about 7800 for the 60/23 with mulch kit and 9400 for the 72/31 with mulch kit

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'd recommend getting a 66" machine if you'll be mowing some large areas because its more productive than a 60 and not a prone to scalping as the 72.

4. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

Will it be your only mower?
    How big is big to you?

5. ACut AboveLandscapin

ACut AboveLandscapin LawnSite Member

I have a 60/27 liquid cooled. Paid about $9400. Will run all day. Use it for both large and small properties. Then you could eventually put the ultra vac on there for your leave clean ups and when needed during the year. If you are not going to be running machine for long periods of time, non-liquid cooled goes for about $8000-8500.

6. cuttingmaniac22

cuttingmaniac22 LawnSite Member

I haven't really measure it all out but i would say about 2 acres of some in and out spots and about 3 acres of just plain open grass with few trees

7. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

A 52 or 56 would be plenty of machine for any thing less than 5 acres. If the majority of your stuff is an acre or less I'd go 50 or 52 w/ 23horsepower. On an open 7 acre church the difference between a 52 and a 60 (both are exmark mids) is about 15 minutes. So you can figure from there if you have 10 accounts over five acres you could save 2.5 hours a week w/ a 60. Keep in mind the 60 may not fit in some smaller yards and costs at least $3000 more. I can complete a one acre res. in under an hour and it really doesnt make a diff if I use a 52 or a 60.The 7 acre church above takes 3hrs w/ the 60.